« Brown Bag Reading Series at CIIS | Main | Integral Teaching Moment: Show and Tell in the 17th Grade »

December 01, 2010

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a0105363c53a6970c013489a8a68e970c

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference A Remarkable Way to Know Yourself: How Eudora Welty Discovered Story:

Comments

Anne Bluethenthal

This is beautiful, Randall! I love this especially:
"...each moment has a tactile perception that is familiar, but also delicious and new. The way I walk out of here will still be me, tentative and duck-toed. But it will require ingenuity. With just a few coins I carry in my back pocket, the daily re-encounter with my mother and father is a kind of safeguard and showcase, a beautiful coin box. Quotable, memorable, experience is in it. But it is also something I shake and listen to again and again. It is somewhere in there--the inflection with which I draw another breath--it meanders until it distills and is nearly understood."
Yes, we keep walking from the room a new sensate being. Yes, we keep shaking the box as we move and the art falls out of us (or is wrangled from us) from our myriad moments, an everchanging poise of the body, a new gesture that reconfigures all that came before it - and yet is of them all.
Thank you for the beauty of your words.

Pauline Reif

A gorgeous, evocative piece, Randall. Thank you so much...inspiring for the work set before me. Pauline

The comments to this entry are closed.

Twitter Updates

follow me on Twitter

January 2013

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
        1 2 3 4 5
    6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    13 14 15 16 17 18 19
    20 21 22 23 24 25 26
    27 28 29 30 31